Flower garlands are slowing blooming into the shops, Hunter wellies are being ordered in the masses and shops are suddenly alive with colour... it can only mean one thing, FESTIVAL SEASON IS UPON US!

I was lucky enough to be invited along to be the 'blogger' of the event for Miss Selfridges 'FESTIVAL FEVER' this Saturday at their store at Oxford Circus. The store was buzzing from happy shoppers, an in store DJ, Diet Coke 'hunks' strutting their stuff, Eyelure making our lashes fabulous and Cheeky Parlous gloriously braiding our hair. 

Miss Selfridge is literally full to the brim right now with on-trend festival clothes and pieces. Brights, prints and pastels in all fits and sizes, suitable to make anybody stand out in those (oh so sweaty) crowds! I had always associated Miss Selfridge with 'going out' clothes, so it was a real treat to take the time to see what they actually had to offer! My wardrobe is literally one big chunk of pastel, so recently I've been mixing things up with the on-trend prints and brights which are becoming available! I literally could have spent all day trying on the sets Miss Selfridge had to offer (hey wait, I did!) and they are also so reasonably priced. My favourites in at the moment are the 90s fit crops, so many cute colours and cheap as chips!

Festivals for me require careful outfit planning otherwise you can end up in some tricky situations... for me two pieces are a winner over playsuits, as nobody wants to deal with taking off a playsuit in a portaloo after a few drinks! Skirts and dresses are all fair and well if you are in a position to keep your dignity, especially if it's windy, but shorts and skorts are always a safe bet, whilst still tanning those pins! Layering up is also essential for the evening, Miss Selfridge had a lovely knitwear section in, which was perfect for if the weather was cruel, or for when the sun goes down. I also picked up an amazing faux leather jacket, which would be the perfect festival accessory at the more chilly times, with black boots! 

On arrival the lovely girls from Eyelure fixed my lashes, whilst Cheeky Parlour instantly transformed my look with a braided crown. I really think braids would be the perfect festival hairdo, as tried and tested by myself, it remained intact the next day even after sleeping on it! If you are roughing it this summer, and dry shampoo is going to be your bestie, certainly consider a braid as it is an effortlessly festival look, which also keeps your hair relatively tamed! 






For health and safety reasons I wasn't allowed on the hunky podium...


Miss S have also just brought out a Fragrance & Body range! Perfect fresh n' up to pop in a wash bag to your festival?




I was privileged enough to have a slot in 'The Dressing Room' where I literally played dress up for hours in the amazing clothes! ...if only every shop gave me these privileges, especially during peak hours!!!

Here are some sneak peaks of the items I fell in love with, and ended up purchasing! 




 I fell in LOVE with the accessories - the store was full of head dresses which just transforms any hairstyle and gives your festival outfit that bohemian edge!







I just thought I'd share some of the festival looks I created with my Miss Selfridge voucher, of course, pair these with a cracking bum bag and Docs/Hunters!









I hope you enjoyed a taster into my day at Miss Selfridge Oxford Circus, and my festival advice! Which festivals are any of you going to this year? As an Isle of Wighter of course I am making the IOW Festival and Bestival again this year, along with V and Reading... so far! 

I will be creating a haul video to show my festival purchases from Miss Selfridge and also styling the outfits over the next couple weeks!