I've be obsessing over these Sunny Life inflatables since I first saw them pop up on shoots all over instagram last summer. God bless UK stockists answering my prayers this year, being able to get one delivered before I flew to the Maldives.

Before packing this beauty I had ummed and ahhed about whether I was:
A) going to look a bit OTT...
B) it was going to use up too much valuable luggage allowance
& C) whether I was even going to be able to blow it up without a pump...
However none of these worries seemed to be an issue! Other people had inflatables too - and let me tell you, a crazy unicorn one even managed to outdo my flamingo on the OTT scale. Once out of the box it fitted quite compactly into my luggage and didn't weigh half as much as I expected, and finally - why did I need to worry about blowing it up when that's what boyfriend's are for?




I spent a lot of my time lounging around in the sun with my flamingo friend, so I'm very glad I took it in the end, despite my original skepticism! It also happened to compliment this Lipsy swimsuit in a Pinterest-y way, so I was also quite pleased with that for photogenic purposes! C'mon, if you take a giant pink flamingo on holiday with you, you're gonna want a full blown photoshoot with it...






Swimsuit - Lipsy
Inflatable swan - Sunny Life