If you've got me on Snapchat, you'll have seen it was my birthday on Wednesday and I may have treated myself to the bag which has not left my mind for the past month... the Gucci Dionysus.





I've appreciated this bag from the first time I saw it and for me it was the epitome of the Gucci 'revival', but it is pricey and I just thought I probably wouldn't end up ever getting one, despite how much I loved it. That however was until I saw one in person... one of the girls on my Dorothy Perkins shoot last month had one, and seeing/feeling it in person was a whole different ball game, and I'm the first to admit I have been fixated on it ever since that day! She had the medium but it felt a little small on my frame and height, so I opted to go into store, just to try the large... for reference only I thought...




I finally caved in, and as the price already went up once, I assumed (convinced myself) it was an investment piece anyway, plus hey - what better time of the year to treat and bankrupt yourself than your birthday and xmas?! I've not regretted it one bit and basically plan to marry this bag, I just don't know what it is about it?!

The debut outfit was a nudey/taupe/mocha look (got loads to shoot of those coming up!), but this was a more fun one I had planned for my actual birthday. As the clasp of the Dionysus has the tiger heads, I thought this satin slip by PLT complimented it perfectly for a more edgier look, than the classic neutrals that this bag normally works so well with, with the dress itself emitting those Gucci vibes. For the daytime I layered up with this white roll neck to compliment the colours of the tiger design and these matching taupe/champagne velvet boots to bring the whole look together.


Boots - Public Desire
Bag - Gucci