Seeing in the New Year with Dorothy Perkins

3 January 2017




So some of you may have already seen (my dedicated friends have sent me about 100 print-screens of me on numerous advertisements haha!) I somehow managed to be the face of Dorothy Perkins' Christmas and New Year campaign... uh, no biggie?! It was beyond humbling to have been given this opportunity to work and model with Dorothy Perkins/Arcadia and the shoot day couldn't have gone smoother with a lot of fun, great team and beautiful pieces.


*(except for me progressively getting worse with a virus from hell that is, if nearly dying by 4pm counts as 'smooth'... ahem! I couldn't even eat my Wagamama if you were wondered JUST how poorly I was feeling.)





Although I do sometimes showcase more glamorous looks on my blog, I do normally share just everyday styles, so it was really nice to be able to inject some festive glam onto here!






A lot of these items I styled up and featured on the shoot are now also in the sale, so you can certainly grab yourself some bargains! Without a doubt the velvet heels are my new go-to, I wore them New Years eve and they're such a godsend of a comfy shoe for a pair so high!







The epitome of a party dress for me is a lot of sparkle, so this sequin number really stole my heart. It also comes in a co-ord version which I am equally as obsessed with!



Totally framing this and using it for next year's Christmas cards just to remind people...



I originally picked this red dress as one of my 'maybe' choices, however once I put it on, I think I found the fit one of my favourites with some serious Marilyn Monroe vibes coming off of it! It's so flattering and such a nice pop of red for this time of year.





Again, this dress was a bit out of my comfort zone, but daaaayuuummn did I feel glam in it?! It also fits so nicely and just moves so elegantly as you glide (stomp around in heels, if you're me) around. I glam-ed this look up with some statement earrings and assessors and I think they may be my favourite photos from the day?! I'm also a big fan of the slick ponytail. We tried to coordinate hairstyles and make up with each look and I think we pretty much nailed it!












OH, hey - who dat?!


And finally we have the first look from the day of shooting, again out of my comfort zones, but absolutely loving it! I'm not so much of a traditional elegant lady as I'm sure you've noticed I'm normally clumping around in boots or trainers, however it was so nice to experiment with these looks and feel a bit graceful!


Huge thanks to Dorothy Perkins for this amazing opportunity, and to you guys for reading - without you all this couldn't be possible, so thank you so much! I can't wait to see what 2017 has for me and my blog! ...If you'd have told me a few years ago I'd be on an Arcadia homepage, I would not have believed you!!






*This post is in collaboration with Dorothy Perkins, but all opinions, swishy poses and festive wear doting, are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a stunner babe, you look beaut! Hope you had a fab New Years xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete